Saturday, April 18, 2009

The storm

We got snow rain mixed for the last two days than this afternoon in came the wind. After it was all over we ended up with 21/2 in of water, that sure will help out.
I did get everything in the ground that needed to get in before the moisture came that was nice so I'm hopping that the cold did not kill anything. Right now all we have is one big mud puddle that more resembles slime than anything else. Were ever I haven't amended the soil it is all mucky. I do need to get more organic mater in the ground. I am also hopping that the alfalfa I planted last fall will be coming up in the next few weeks as long as the rabbits don't get to it. I planted it for the green manure and for the organic mater that it will put in to the ground, also the root system of alfalfa will loosen the soil up and hopefully brake up the hard pan. I am thinking of letting it go to seed for next year maybe it will get nice and thick that would be nice.
That's about it for to day I hope that everyone is warm.
Untill next time


Happy planting

No comments: