Saturday, June 27, 2009

Burning Weeds and Garden Up Date

I'll tell you I'm impressed so far I like burning weeds it seems that the weeds stay down longer than pulling and you have better control than spray or pulling.
Here it is one week before the 4th of July and some of the corn is already up to my knee. (The old saying for corn “Knee high by the 4th of July” that's for a good crop).
Beats, beans, potatoes, garlic and onion are doing great, the raspberries and blueberries that I planted, look like they just might take off I'll know more next year on them.
My tomatoes are finally starting to look good. Now down to the fun plants the peanuts and the sorghum, are doing fine. Now lets keep in mind that this is the first year I have ever planted any thing like that so I'm learning as I go but to me for now all looks good. I still cant get carrots to come up for me, how frustrating. The beats I planted under the hot box this winter are ready to pick and will be doing that next week. (Watch for photos)
In the last week I made 3 trellises there cheep to make and fairly easy. I can't see spending $20.00 and up for something I can make for just a few dollars. I may do a video and put it no you tube. I am working on a video on how to make a mold for hypertufa leaves. Once I get all the codes in to my computer I will be adding that also.

Till next time happy gardening

No comments: