Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beets

Well I harvested some beets today. Looks like I’ll be blanching and freezing beets this afternoon. I also harvested the last of one row of beans just enough for dinner. With all this crazy weather they aren’t looking all that good right now. I’m thinking about pulling the plants and replanting that row, I might have enough time for one or two pickings yet this year. (I hope)
The other beans are looking good, should be picking them in about 3 weeks I am going to let them dry on the vine for winter storage.
The Brussels sprouts are looking real good this year, I don’t plan on getting anything off them till well in to September or October any how after the first snow. I have read that it gives them more flavor if you hold off on picking till after it snows. I have a few tomatoes little as they may be right now but I do have some. Last year I didn’t have any un-till the end of August first of September.

Until next time

Happy Gardening / Harvesting

No comments: