Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bees are in Big trouble.

We need to do whatever we can to help out the bee hive population. I will post the latest news release on CCD (colony collapse disorder) at the end of this blog.
Just some of the ways we can help is to stop using pesticides. I believe that pesticides are a major factor in the reduction of the honey bees.
Another way I am going to help and do what I can is I am going to plant more plants that attract more bees. If they come to my place for there pollen they are less likely to go someplace where pesticides are used.
The “experts” claim “many causes, including parasites, viruses, bacteria, poor nutrition and pesticides.” I wonder if it is the same batch of experts that got us in this mess. Without the honey bees we as a human race are in for starvation. Bees pollinate about 1/3 of the food we eat. The question is how much of the plants that need pollination that the livestock eat? (that we also depend on for food ) Now lets not just include domesticated animals but wild ones as well.
We each need to do our part to help out the bees if we can. If you have any ideas please leave your comment below. Thank you.



Here is the link;
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_sc/us_food_and_farm_disappearing_bees
or click on title this link is for Yahoo news so I dont know how long this will be up.


Till next time
Happy Planting

No comments: