Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Early Planting



Ok now is time to catch up once again.
On the 13th 14th and the 15th I helped the Pueblo Master Gardeners at the Pueblo home and garden show.
Friday the weather wasn’t all that great but Saturday and Sunday was wonder full.
With the help of my wife and son we managed to amend the soil and plant two rows of potatoes and one row of onions.
I planted 5 purple potatoes and the rest was Yukon Gold.
Yesterday I planted the Blueberries, this afternoon they didn’t look so good, we had high winds and high temperatures. According to my garden thermometer we got to 91 degrees today. Just to hot for March.
I planted one potato in straw.
I dug a hole in the dirt filled it with straw and put the potato seed in the straw, and watered.
I’ll see how that goes. (If there will be enough water, etc.)
Now for my little tomato excursion, I ordered 7different types of heirloom tomatoes this year; the sight said a minimum of 25 seeds so I figured maybe 30 or so. Nooooo I got I ended up with a minimum of 50 seeds and some varieties had as many as 75 seeds.
I will end up with somewhere between 500 and 600 plants if all goes well. If I do I may sell some plants or just plant them all and see what happens.




Happy Planting

No comments: