Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring has Sprung
















I have been buzzy planting and trying to get everything in before we get in to late planting. I would like to see if I can get a few harvests in throughout the summer.
Onions are coming up so is the garlic, potatoes and snow peas. I have planted 6 rows of dent corn, 3 rows of beets, and 4 rows of beans. I put eight tomato plants out the other day and they seem to be doing good. (As long as we don't get and hail all will be good.)
We planted another apple tree and one cherry tree. We now have a total of 3 apple and one cherry trees. I would like to have a total of 6 or 7 apple trees a pare tree 1 or two cherry trees and as a dream 2 peach trees by the time I am done planting fruit trees.
I have decided to get rid of the black weed cloth and plan grass. I am hoping it will do two things keep the weeds down and help the septic tank drain.
Our day temperature has been mid to upper 70's to low 80's with night temperature staying in the 40's. I hope that I havent jumped the gun to much but there is a lot to do.
I did go out and buy a rotor tiller what a time saver this one can make windrows that is nice. I am planting everything in windrows to help the plants and to save water.
Untill next time


Happy Planting

No comments: