Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mid July

The corn is starting to come back after the 15 min storm we had. (See video).
It looks like I wont have much of a potato crop, it looks like a pocket gofer got to them I'll have to hold off and see. Gardening in the high plains has all sorts of challenge's to face. When and if we move from here to a place where gardening isn't so up in the air I will remember the hard ship of gardening here.
I also have to think of the pioneers who came here a hundred or more years ago to help settle this country, how hard it had to be. Today the temperature hit 101 degrees, I could go into an air conditioned house drink some cold water and not worry that the plants need water, however, 100 years ago they didn't have all that to help them get through. Wow what a group of hard core people and we think we have it tough.
I have some more ideas for videos, as soon as I get things worked out with the computer I will get some more videos up.

Till next time.
Count your blessings

Happy Gardening / staying cool

No comments: