Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seeds 2010 season

Okay, I have been getting bombarded with this years seed catalogs. So it must be that time of year were we all buy up all the neat seeds that we hope will grow in our zone.
I was going to just use only the seeds that I have left over form last year and the year before. I was doing good till I started looking at the King of all seed catalogs Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.
This catalog is so good that they call it the “Pure Seed Book” I love it.
So I have decided to do an inventory of last years seeds and I have 71 packs of seeds, now that is more than enough for my 1/10 acre garden and than some but, I looked at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, and I know that the germination on old seeds go's down (right?) so I have justified getting more seeds, and I will be ordering seeds I don't have so all is good.
I will only be ordering 12 more packs of seeds. (Not to bad)
I have started seeds indoors last week. Mostly herbs, but I did plant some lettuce, I am ready to be eating my own green once again. I am thinking next winter I will have two flats of lettuce going all year.
It looks like I will be out side in the next few weeks getting the garden ready for planting. I will keep you informed as to how it is going.

Till next time.

Happy Planting

No comments: