Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Transplanting seedlings

It's time for me to transplant the seedlings that I planted almost two weeks ago. I have found out that the plants take better if you transplant them once they get to about 2 to 3 inches. (Now they have grown to about 4 inches.) I know, I planted these seeds early. I did that so I could get some videos up so you can see how I have been doing this for years. I will be making a video of me transplanting the seedlings, I should have the video up on Youtube today.
I reuse pots from the year or three or four years ago. First I wash them and than I will do a bleach water rinse followed by a fresh water wash. The bleach water mix is one table spoon bleach to one gallon of water. I do that to kill any diseases that might carry over from last year.
It's that time of year again to be thinking of you garden and what you will be planting in it I hope that this will get you started.
My Youtube address is:http://www.youtube.com/user/HighPlainsGardening or click on the title to get to my Youtube site.
Thank you
Till next time


Happy Planting

No comments: