Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sale and buying seeds for 2011

Okay lets start with the seeds.
I've had my seed catalogs for weeks now and I think I have a list of what I am going to get for 2011 and here is my list from two different companies.

Mayflower = Bean
Old Homestead (Kentucky Wonder Pole) = Beans
Bull's Blood = Beet
European Mescalin = Salad
Rocky Top Lettuce = Salad
California Wonder = Sweet Pepper
Golden Marconi = Sweet Pepper
Italian Pepperoncini = Sweet Pepper
Super Shepherd = Sweet Pepper
German Giant = Radish
Bloomsdale Long Standing = Spinach
Giant Noble = Spinach
Hopi Pale Grey = Squash
Pink German Tree = Tomatoes
Raspberry Lyanna = Tomatoes
Riesentraube = Tomatoes
Rom = Tomatoes
Early Flat Dutch = Cabbage
Red Acre = Cabbage
Early Snowball = Cauliflower
Boston Pickling = Cucumbers
Amish Snap = Snap Peas
Wando = Shelling Peas
I still need to go through and pick out what herbs I want but here is a good start for the vegetables. I hope to be getting the order out this next week so I can get to planting. I still have some seeds left from last year so those will be going in as well.
Now for the sale I went to yesterday. It was beyond words, big would just start to describe this 16 acre over twenty mobile home and other trailers filled with all kinds of stuff. Some so packed you could not even get in. If you have the time and the energy to go to these extra extra large sales you can make out here is some of the things I got.
Heavy duty potato cutter (est. value $59.00), one full set and 4 parcel sets of poker chips
4 LP's, 7 buttons, 7 leather tools (est. value $50.00) , a Coors bar caddy (est. value $10.00), 2 small glass bottles, and the killer for the garden about 40 to 50 square feet of cobble stone and other brick. I estimate the brick at over $125.00 and I only payed $20.00 for all. Now it did take 3 hours of looking and moving but I will use the brick and I have gotten rid of the bar caddy, LP's, I'm keeping the potato cutter. That is my deal of the week. More to come as I get time. (Big smile)




Bottles

Bricks

Bar Caddy

Potato Cutter



Till Next Time.

Happy Hunting / planting

No comments: