Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cold Cold Cold,

Today we hit a high of 11 degrees, and we are expected to drop well below 0 tonight, and here I am thinking about what to plant in the garden this year. I was hopping to have a cold frame built and some seeds in the ground by now but it just hasn’t worked out yet. So I am thinking that I will be out in the cold tomorrow getting a cold frame up and put some lights in there to warm it up some. I would like to get some lettuces in the ground in the next week or so. There is some things that will do well in the cold but I'm thinking that this cold might be just a little to cold, I'll try it and see. Some of the vegetables that can make it in a cold frame are beets, Brussels sprouts, carrots, collards, kale, parsley, and spinach.
I am also going to put in cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, radish, spinach, parsley, kale and I might put in beets. Mainly because that is what I like to eat and that is what I like to grow so we will see how it all goes.



Till next Time
Stay Warm and Happy Planting

No comments: